About Potential Plus
Our Training Philosophy
Form and technique are of the utmost importance. Once form has been mastered, we progressively increase weight and/or intensity of the exercise.
Safe & Efficient body position for improved safety & performance
- Load vs. Unload
Proper jumping & landing mechanics
Dynamic Stabilization training techniques
Programs specific to physical demands of sport, position, & skill level
The P.L.U.S. for Girls
- Females are 4-6x’s more likely to sustain an ACL injury than males
- Females inherently posses more hormonal, anatomical, biomechanical & genetic risk factors than men
- In the past 30 years, female ACL injury occurrence has seen a tenfold increase
- 70% of all ACL injuries are non-contact
- Train at Potential PLUS in our Seasonal Functional Training Classes
- Decrease in risk factors by training smarter and safer
Calculating the Cost
- $17,000-$25,000 per injury
- Loss of entire season & scholarship funding
- Long-Term Disability
- Early onset of osteoarthritis
- Improper jumping/landing mechanics
- Weak hip/knee/ankle stabilizers
- Overall joint laxity
- Longer thigh length
- Wider hips
- Narrow ACL passageway
- Classes are available for all female sports, or you may call for personal training sessions. Team training also available.
WHY CHOOSE POTENTIAL PLUS
- ATC- Athletic Trainer Certified by the Board of Certification.
- NATA-National Athletic Trainers Association.
- CSCS- Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist, National Strength and Conditioning Association.
- Trainers have bachelors and masters degrees in their field.
- Trainers meet yearly educational requirements to maintain their certifications.
- Our 18,000 square foot facility contains state of the art equipment and provides a spacious and varied training environment.
- Potential Plus opened in 1999, focusing on advanced experience in functional training and sports performance enhancement.
- Numerous participants compete at the state level in their respective sport as well as go on to compete at the collegiate level.
- Recent examples include:
- Hurricane HS Boys Soccer Team- 2012 AAA State Champions
- Trevor Starcher- Marshall Men’s Soccer
- Bethany Drury- Marshall Woman’s Track and Field
- Alex White, Ian & Evan Miles – WV Wesleyan College Men’s Soccer